The end of the year is a special time for businesses: it’s a chance to plan for the future while simultaneously looking back on how the year unfolded. You might have hit some roadblocks and maybe not everything went as planned but taking a moment to appreciate all that you’ve accomplished can create some good perspective as you plan for the coming year.
The Women in Business group was busy this past year. It supported nearly 30 nonprofit events, ranging from fundraising to workshops and everything in between. Below you can enjoy some highlights of the most popular and beloved events. And to truly recap the year, check out the full list of everything WIB accomplished as a group.
Wise Women Wednesdays with the Tampa Bay Centre provided 8 hour-long Zoom sessions in conjunction with the Centre and their members and hosted by our women leaders. Topics presented included ‘Using Social Media’, ‘Creating Your Brand’, ‘Creating Your Dream Team’, ‘Preparing Yourself for Credit & Business’, ‘Personal Budgeting & Finances’, ‘Alternative Lending’, ‘Importance of Treasury to Your Business’, and ‘Avoiding Financial Fraud’.
The Art of Being a Modern Latina was hosted by SHCCNJ. It included an in-person networking session at Son Cubano Restaurante in Jersey City and various members of the Community Lending team were in attendance.
Below is an extensive list of other Valley Women in Business supported events that took place in 2021:
- Junior Achievement (Broward County) Girls Rule
- Women in the Workplace Summit
- 3rd Annual Maternal Health and Perinatal Safety Symposium
- Grant Professionals of NJ
- Women Leaders @ Work
- The Business of Women Entrepreneurs
- Latinas in Business – Awards Ceremony, Zoom Summer Speaker Series
- SBA Resources/Relief – Supporting Women Business Owners
- Housing Community Development Network
- Berkeley College Women’s Entrepreneur Week Awards
- Westwood Chamber Women’s Breakfast
- American Banker’s The Most Powerful Women in Banking
- NJBA’s DEI Conference
- NJSBDC Meet the Capital Team
- FLBA Women’s Event
- Joint WIB/Prestige holiday centerpiece making event/social
Other accomplishments that WIB is proud to announce:
- Two white papers were published
- WIB newsletter sent out monthly
Valley knows that women business owners might need products for their business tailored to their unique needs, that’s why we created checking accounts designed for female entrepreneurs.
To learn more about Valley’s Women in Business group, click here.