You want to sell your home quickly and for the right price. Staging your home is a valuable tool to help you reach that goal.
Home staging is a powerful marketing tool for your home. It involves decorating, repairing or highlighting the already existing features of your home to emphasize its true potential. Staging is a strategic move that can help with the selling process whether your home is a fixer-upper or not. In fact, whether your home is old or new, staging makes it easier for potential buyers to see themselves living there. It can range from anything from water heater and plumbing repair to deep cleaning and cosmetic renovations on both the interior and exterior of your home.
A professional stager can help create an environment where your home’s next occupant can better imagine binge-watching a show on the couch in your newly furnished living room or cooking dinner as a family in your freshly painted kitchen. Staging opens the door for prospective buyers to see your house as their home which means that your home might sell quicker and ideally for more money
Is home staging worth the cost?
Staging your home isn’t something you initially planned for so you might be hesitant to consider this option. Spending more on the home you’re trying to sell seems like a counter-intuitive idea, but the statistics are in favor of staged homes. The benefits of staging can outweigh the costs so knowing some of the benefits, can help you decide if this is the right option for you.
- Sell quicker: According to themortgagereports.com, staging your home can help it sell 73% faster, on average.
- Higher selling price: An effectively staged home not only sells quicker but, it has the potential to sell for more money. According to a report from the National Association of Realtors®, 58% of sellers’ realtors believe that buyers offer more money for staged homes.
- Lower costs in the long run: Staging your home can decrease its time on the market, which means you’re saving on home expenses for those months your home is no longer for sale.
- Targeted toward the right potential buyers: Staging your home allows you to specifically target the right buyer for your home and present it in a way that will appeal to them.
What does a professional stager do?
Making the right first impression to sellers is key and a professional stager can help. From curb appeal to upgrades inside the home, a professional stager will build the specific vision for the prospective buyer. They determine who the right potential homebuyer is and tailor the look and feel of your home accordingly. The specific needs of prospective buyers will change depending on whether it’s a single person, a family or empty nesters, and professional stagers have insights into what those needs are.
Professional stagers offer the guidance to successfully stage your home which can help you get the most for your money. Investing in someone who knows what they’re doing means working smarter and not harder when it comes to selling your home. You don’t get a second chance at making a first impression and a professional stager can help you make the right one.
How do you stage your home if you haven’t budgeted for it?
Now that you know all the benefits, you may be considering staging your home to get the most out of your house sale—in time and money. But you haven’t budgeted for it. That’s where Valley Bank can step in to help. A Home Staging Line of Credit from Valley* offers lines of credit ranging from $10,000 to $50,000 for a one-year term. You’ll pay interest only until the maturity date. This might be the one of the smarter investments you make in terms of achieving maximum value for your home.
Speak to one of our Home Loan Consultants to Learn Whether a Home Staging Line of Credit is the right choice for your home-selling plans.
Examples of what you can do with a Valley Home Staging Line of Credit
- Deep cleaning and de-cluttering
- Cosmetic Renovations
- New Carpeting and Floor Repair
- HVAC Repair or Installation
- Water Heating and Plumbing Repair
- Electrical Work
- Kitchen and Bathroom Improvements
- Furniture Rental
- Professional Staging Services